My favorite mascarpone whipped cream is even more heavenly with a kick of cake batter and sprinkles. With only 3 ingredients and 5 minutes you’ll have a big bowl of funfetti whipped cream ready to go!
Everyone knows how much I love my mascarpone whipped cream. I love everything about it and it takes way more willpower than I care to admit not to just sit down with the bowl and eat it by the
Annnnnnd I just made my own problems worse by adding cake mix and sprinkles to the… well, mix. I fall fast and hard for anything cake batter. Cake batter ice cream, cake batter fudge, cake batter… cake batter!
And now cake batter whipped cream.
5 tips for making funfetti whipped cream
- My favorite mascarpone cheese to use is the classic BelGioioso in the white and green container, and I can usually find it in any grocery store. Make sure it’s fresh out of the fridge and cold – it makes a difference!
- The mixing bowl needs to be as cold as you can get it. Stick it in the freezer for an hour before you start prepping the recipe, it helps!
- I make my own vanilla extract using vanilla beans and vodka, but that requires a lot of planning ahead! So if you’re tight on time, I highly recommend this Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract (aff link). It’s on the pricier side, but I truly believe it’s worth it. If you need to keep things budget-friendly, Rodelle pure vanilla extract (aff link) is always a solid choice.
- Also, you definitely want a KitchenAid for this recipe, because your arm is going to get tired if you use a hand mixer (aff link).
- And if you’re fancy schmancy and you have one of those stainless steel whipped cream dispensers, load it up! I’m not fancy, so mine just goes into a sealed plastic container.
Great! Now what should I do with it?
Top everything with it! Top nothing with it (and just eat it out of the bowl)! Throw it into a pre-made pie crust and call it day!
But in all seriousness, you can put this on just about anything. Here are some ideas:
- Salted Nutella Fudge Brownie Gelato
- The Best Chocolate Mug Cake
- Paleo Double Chocolate Brownies (it’ll kinda negate the paleo, but YOLO)
- Loaded Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Fudgy Chocolate Banana Brownies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- Gingerbread Ice Cream
- No Churn Homemade Americone Dream Ice Cream
- Oreo Ice Cream
- Chocolate Avocado Pudding
There’s no limit but your imagination… and stomach capacity 😉
There’s really not much else I can say about this other than: Make this. Make this NOW.
More funfetti fun!
After you’ve made this recipe, please leave a comment below with a rating – and if you came from Pinterest, add a photo to the Pin of what you make to the pin to share your experience!Print
My favorite mascarpone whipped cream is even more heavenly with a kick of cake batter and sprinkles!
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup vanilla or funfetti cake mix
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles (can omit if using funfetti cake mix)
- Chill a large mixing bowl in the fridge.
- In your chilled bowl, combine mascarpone cheese and heavy cream and mix on a low setting until mostly combined. Add cake mix and slowly increase speed to high and whip until stiff peaks form – it may take a little while, so be patient!
- Stir in additional sprinkles and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: funfetti whipped cream