This eggless cookie dough is made paleo and gluten-free with almond flour, ghee and honey or maple syrup to satisfy your craving. Add a sprinkle of sea salt and grab a spoon!
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup ghee* (can substitute vegan butter)
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup (or honey, if not vegan)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or almond extract
- Large pinch of salt
- 2 ounces unsweetened dairy free chocolate, chopped
- Sea salt, for topping
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, ghee, sweetener, extract and salt. Use a hand mixer and beat to combine. Taste test and add more extract, sweetener and/or salt as needed.
- Stir in chopped chocolate. Top with sea salt. Store in the fridge, covered, until ready to eat – then enjoy!
*Ghee: There’s a long standing debate about whether or not ghee should be considered dairy, so I leave it up to you whether or not you want to use ghee. Since ghee is clarified butter with the milk proteins, sugars and water removed, it can be considered paleo-friendly because it’s the oil from the butter and doesn’t contain the lactose and milk solids. If you feel differently, then unfortunately this recipe might not be for you. If you’re not strictly paleo but are vegan, you can also substitute vegan butter.
Extract Choice: Using almond extract instead of vanilla extract gives it more of a sugar cookie flavor!
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks (but in my experience, it’ll be eaten long before that!)
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: edible cookie dough, paleo cookie dough, chocolate chip cookie dough