This Nutella fruit tart is a quick and easy dessert that’s so easy to customize, you can make it different every time!
I recently found myself with piles of fresh fruit, but without any good use for them. Well, aside from eating them by the handful (which I’m never opposed to). I tend to freeze about half the fruit I get to use in ice cream and baking projects at later dates (my favorite blueberry muffins are almost always made with frozen blueberries), so I did that… but I still had quite a bit left.
I made fruit salad and divvied it up between a bunch of small containers to bring to work for breakfast, and still had a little bit left over. I could obviously just sit down and eat the fruit as is, but where’s the fun in that? I wanted to do something fun.
I needed a quick solution before I was gone for the week, so I scoured the house trying to come up with some sort of brilliant idea. My pantry was pretty low on supplies. My freezer had two deep dish pizzas and a bag of frozen peas – not even a backup package of pie crust for a baking emergency. My fridge was just plain sad – I knew I was going to be out of town, so I let it dwindle down to nothing but condiments and wine (naturally). But toppled over in the midst of mustards and minced onion was a single container of puff pastry. While I didn’t have the ingredients to make a pizza or pie crust, I figured the puff pastry could be a decent substitute.
And guess what? Turns out that I was right (and awesome). You just roll it out into a rectangle (making sure all the seams are pressed together), roll up the sides a bit, poke lots of little holes in the center and bake. Easy peasy, and done in 15 minutes. Bam.
Once it’s cooled, you slather on Nutella (or any other base you’d prefer – cocoa almond butter , peanut butter, whipped cream, whatever!) and pile on the fruit. I also like to add a drizzle of honey and a dusting of powdered sugar. It’s so easy to customize to your tastes that the possibilities are endless!
You can use a knife or a pizza cutter to slice it up and serve. If you have any leftovers (HAHAHAHA that’s funny), make sure to cover it and keep it in the fridge.
How will you make your own? Tell me in the comments!
More Nutella, please!
- Nutella Champagne Dip
- Nutella Brownies from Handle the Heat
- Salted Nutella Fudge Brownie Gelato
- Nutella Stuffed Pancakes from Recipe Tin Eats
- Paleo Nutella Swirled Pumpkin Pie Bars
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups with Nutella from Whitney Bond
This nutella fruit tart is a quick and easy dessert that’s so easy to customize, you can make it different every time!
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Nutella (or any kind of preferred spread)
- Various fresh fruits, sliced
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mats and set aside.
- Roll out thawed puff pastry onto prepared baking sheet into a rectangle (making sure all the seams are pressed together). Roll up each side a bit to make a border, and then poke lots of little holes in the center (a fork works perfectly) to prevent the middle from puffing up as much as the edges. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool, then top with Nutella (or preferred spread), sliced fruit, a drizzle of honey and a dusting of powdered sugar. Enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
Keywords: nutella fruit tart, easy fruit tart, dessert pizza, nutella pizza, fruit pizza, puff pastry tart