S’mores cupcakes are a favorite campfire treat turned cupcake! Moist chocolate cake is topped with marshmallow frosting and graham cracker crumbs. Get crazy and add some mini marshmallows, chocolate chips and syrup!
Sorry, guys – I was away longer than I’d planned to be! When I came back from vacation I was essentially punched in the face with a bunch of responsibilities that I didn’t anticipate and it’s taken me until now to get my life back in order.
But now that I do have things back in order, there’s something very important I have to share with you. You need to stop what you’re doing, put down your drink, and pay attention.
S’MORES CUPCAKES. That’s right. S’mores in cupcake form. What we have here is a chocolate avocado cupcake, egg white marshmallow frosting, and a pile of graham cracker crumbs, mini marshmallows, chocolate chips and chocolate syrup.
BAM. I should mention these aren’t particularly diet-friendly. You can always leave off the toppings, but what’s the fun in that? Would you ever make s’mores over a campfire and say to yourself, “I’m going to use half a marshmallow and only a little chocolate”? Beach, please.
For the sake of argument, I suppose you could only top it with graham cracker crumbs, like this:
Or maybe you could add some mini marshmallows and chocolate chips:
Or you could just add some graham cracker crumbs and a decent drizzle of chocolate syrup:
Or you could just be the person I know you can be and pile it all on in such a way that you’re testing the laws of physics.
Can’t get enough s’mores?
- Strawberry S’mores Icebox Cake
- 10 S’mores Makeovers for Camping Trips by Foodal
- S’mores Tots from “Tots!”
- S’mores Cinnamon Rolls by Whitney Bond
- 10-Minute S’mores Trifle
- No Bake S’mores Bars by Hunger Thirst Play
- S’mores Toffee Bark
- S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookies by Baker by Nature
- Grilled Cinnamon Pound Cake S’mores
A favorite campfire treat turned cupcake! Moist chocolate cake is topped with marshmallow frosting and graham cracker crumbs. Get crazy and add some mini marshmallows, chocolate chips and syrup!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup (around 2 avocados), mashed
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Crushed graham cracker (garnish, optional)
- Chocolate sauce (garnish, optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin pan with 12 liners and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, espresso powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, mash avocado to make it as smooth as possible. You can toss it in a food processor to get it really smooth if you’re low on time (or energy).
- Add flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Now add sugar, water and vanilla, stir to combine until smooth.
- Using a 1/4 measuring cup, pour batter into cupcake liners until almost full. Bake for 17-20 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean, and the tops should be cracked a bit and spring back when touched. Set on wire rack to cool completely.
- Place egg whites, sugar and cream of tartar in a double broiler over a simmering pot of water.
- Whisk constantly until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is foamy.
- Pour egg white mixture into a large mixing bowl and whip on high speed with a whisk attachment until it forms stiff peaks.
- Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes and garnish with crushed graham cracker and chocolate sauce. Enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
Keywords: s'mores cupcakes, s'mores, chocolate cupcakes, marshmallow