Honey takes center stage in this twist on the typical vanilla latte! Next time try my copycat Starbucks white chocolate mocha.
There’s a coffee shop in Concord, Massachusetts that I adore called Haute Coffee. It’s on a little side street/alleyway, and if you’re not looking for it you’ll probably miss it.
But I’m telling you right now – you don’t want to miss it. It’s in a cute, unassuming little brick building that’s just as adorable on the inside. When you first enter you place your order at the counter, and if you’re getting it to go, they have a cozy bay window with padded seating and pillows that you can sit on to wait for your drink.
The chalkboard with the menu to your right is beautifully designed and immaculate (I actually asked about it and they told me they hired someone to do it for them) and there are freshly baked goods to choose from on the counter.
To your left, there are tables you can seat yourself at if you plan on staying a while. The seating area also has a board that lists the local vendors the day’s ingredients came from!
I love when local organizations support each other – don’t you? Haute Coffee is cozy and welcoming, and it’s hard to tear myself away.
I’ve tried many different things at Haute Coffee but my favorite drink is the Haute Latte. Their namesake drink is made with honey and cinnamon, and it’s perfect.
It’s light and sweet, but not too sweet. The smell alone is comforting, and the taste is amazing.
I get cravings for it sometimes when they’re closed, and since it’s so far away from where I live now… where, obviously I should make it my own!
I adore the flavor combination of vanilla and honey, as you know by these cupcakes. Sometimes I cheat and just use a bag of Starbucks’ Vanilla flavored coffee, but it’s just as easy to add vanilla extract with your favorite espresso.
I’ve also been known to make this with decaf coffee so that I can enjoy a cup before bed. It’s therapeutic. Give it a shot – draw yourself a bath, light some candles, put on some calming music and indulge in a mug of this delightful honey vanilla latte.
And while you’re at it, stare at this mesmerizing gif of honey drizzle. I’m starting… to feel… sleepy…
After you’ve made this recipe, please consider coming back to share your experience with others by leaving a comment below with a star rating!
Honey Vanilla Latte
- 8 ounces milk, any kind
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- ⅛ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 2 ounces espresso, or vanilla-flavored coffee, then you can omit the vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat milk until it starts to bubble a little on the edges of the pan. Not boiling, but steaming a bit.
- Add honey, vanilla, cinnamon and stir. Heat, stirring frequently, for another minute.
- Now you can froth your milk in your preferred method: whisk vigorously in pan until frothy, place in a mason jar and shake vigorously for 30-60 seconds, or use a milk frother.
- Pour milk mixture over freshly brewed espresso/coffee in a large mug. Top with whipped cream, drizzled honey and a dusting of cinnamon if desired. Enjoy!