Espresso is beautifully complemented by creamy, smooth white chocolate to create an indulgent white chocolate mocha that’s perfect for a cold winter’s day – and it’s ready in 5 minutes! This Starbucks copycat white chocolate mocha recipe will save you money and let you stay inside in your pajamas. Serve it alongside my copycat Starbucks cranberry bliss bars.
I’m always looking for ways to save money. And in saving money, that means saying bye-bye to morning Starbucks runs. But also, those morning trips aren’t really suitable to my lifestyle anymore since I’d have to drive out of my way to get to one.
However, to be fair to myself, the money I’ve spent on Starbucks for the last few years have been on my gold card was almost entirely from gift cards given to me for holidays and birthdays.
But alas, that money has run out. Sniff sniff. Instead of being sad about that, I’ve decided to look at the upsides and make the effort to try making my own Starbucks drinks and treats at home.
Why making your own coffee is better than going to Starbucks
- You save money on your morning coffee
- You know exactly what’s going into your drink
- If you have to walk/drive/commute to a Starbucks, you’re saving yourself time not making that trip
- You don’t have anyone handing you a cup that has your name wildly and hilariously wrong written on it
- And it gives you an opportunity to try your hand at another coffee recipes!
My standard Starbucks order used to be a Venti Skinny Vanilla Latte, but on occasion I get a killer white chocolate craving and I splurge on the extra calories found in their White Chocolate Mocha.
It’s so creamy, and white chocolate-y, and just plain delicious. It’s a treat, and definitely not something I would get every day.
Honestly, I almost treat it like it’s my dessert for the day over being my coffee. I think the whipped cream is really what does it for me.
What’s in a white chocolate mocha?
- A mug (duh)
- 8 ounces of your milk of choice
- 2 shots of espresso
- 2 tablespoons of Torani White Chocolate Sauce
- Whipped cream (optional, but encouraged for true indulgence)
You’ll also need a way to froth the milk and white chocolate sauce together. We have an espresso machine that I can use the steam wand for, but you can also use a little milk frothing wand , or an electric milk frother – whatever works for you.
What kind of milk should I use in a white chocolate mocha?
Personally, I love the flavor that cashew milk brings and the way it complements the white chocolate. But really, you can use whatever dairy or non-dairy milk you prefer.
Other options include whole milk, 2% milk, almond milk, oat milk, macadamia milk and hemp milk. FWIW, I like pretty much anything made by Elmhurst 1925.
Like I said – I don’t treat myself to this often, but when I do I adore using the Torani White Chocolate Sauce – it’s thick and so flavorful!
Because it’s so concentrated, you don’t need to use a lot which is always a good thing because the bottle will last you quite a while.
I will warn you though – it’s extremely tempting to just squeeze the bottle directly into your mouth. Try really, really hard not to do it.
But what if I don’t have the Torani white chocolate sauce?
You can make your own! Give this recipe a try.
It takes me all of 5 minutes to throw this together, and I feel pretty good about the time and money I’m saving making my own.
Give it a shot (pun intended) and then check out their other flavors to mix it up and make it your own!
About those calories…
The recipe I came up with ends up having less calories – not by a lot, but I’ll take it! Obviously it can vary based on the kind of milk you use, the amount of whipped cream you use, and if you use more white chocolate sauce as a topping.
Either way, it’s still going to be less than the Starbucks version – in calories, and cash!
And if you choose to leave off the whipped cream and white chocolate drizzle… I forgive you.
Make your own whipped cream
We don’t always have whipped cream in the house since I greatly prefer making my own. My go-to is my mascarpone whipped cream, but you can also make you own using this simple recipe:
- ½ cup cold heavy cream or heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tablespoons confectioners’ sugar or granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Using a hand mixer , whip the heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla extract on medium-high speed until medium peaks form.
- Transfer to a piping bag for topping your drinks, or spoon it on top. Cover the rest in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
After you’ve made this recipe, please leave a comment below with a rating – and if you came from Pinterest, add a photo to the Pin of what you make to the pin to share your experience!Print
- 1 cup milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- 2 tablespoons Torani White Chocolate Sauce (plus more for topping, optional)
- 2 ounces espresso (a “double shot”)
- Whipped cream, optional
- Combine milk and white chocolate sauce in a milk frother and heat according the frother’s instructions. If you have an espresso machine, you can use the steam wand.
- Brew your espresso in your preferred manner.
- Pour milk mixture into glass and pour in your brewed espresso.
- Add a little whipped cream and drizzle with more white chocolate sauce, if desired. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- To heat your milk, you can use the steam wand of an espresso machine, use a milk frothing wand , or an electric milk frother .
- For the espresso, start with whole beans and freshly grind them for the best flavor. Pre-ground espresso can also be used if necessary, but may not have the same bold flavor.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Steam
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: white chocolate mocha, starbucks white chocolate mocha, starbucks copycat, torani white chocolate