Why making your own coffee is better than going to Starbucks
- You save money on your morning coffee
- You know exactly what’s going into your drink
- If you have to walk/drive/commute to a Starbucks, you’re saving yourself time not making that trip
- And it gives you an opportunity to try your hand at another coffee recipes!
Making your own white chocolate mocha at home
- A mug (duh)
- 8 ounces of your milk of choice (cashew milk complements it beautifully, by the way)
- 2 shots of espresso
- 2 tablespoons of Torani White Chocolate Sauce
- Whipped cream (optional, but encouraged for true indulgence)
You’ll also need a way to froth the milk and white chocolate sauce together. We have an espresso machine that I can use the steam wand for, but you can also use a little milk frothing wand, or an electric milk frother – whatever works for you.
- 1 cup milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- 2 tablespoons Torani White Chocolate Sauce (plus more for topping, optional)
- 2 ounces espresso (a “double shot”)
- Whipped cream, optional
- Combine milk and white chocolate sauce in a milk frother and heat according the frother’s instructions. If you have an espresso machine, you can use the steam wand.
- Brew your espresso in your preferred manner.
- Pour milk mixture into glass and pour in your brewed espresso.
- Add a little whipped cream and drizzle with more white chocolate sauce, if desired. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- To heat your milk, you can use the steam wand of an espresso machine, use a milk frothing wand , or an electric milk frother .
- For the espresso, start with whole beans and freshly grind them for the best flavor. Pre-ground espresso can also be used if necessary, but may not have the same bold flavor.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Steam
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: white chocolate mocha, starbucks white chocolate mocha, starbucks copycat, torani white chocolate