Two ingredients and 15 minutes are all you need to make these cute, crunchy chocolate clusters full of tart pomegranate arils! Try my salted dark chocolate pomegranate tart and pomegranate parfait next.
I love pomegranates. They’re a pain in the butt to get into for the good stuff, but they’re totally worth it.
What’s better than pomegranates? Pomegranates and chocolate. Chocolate pomegranate snacks are basically a match made in heaven. And as much as I love that combo, it’s really hard for me to dish out the money for the packages of those Brookside Dark Chocolate Covered Pomegranates.
Yesterday I had a horrible craving for chocolate, and realized I had a few pomegranates in the fridge. My first idea was to sit on the floor in my pantry, alternating pouring handfuls of dark chocolate and pomegranate arils into my mouth.
But then I figured I could put the two together for a sweet, tart, crunchy snack!
What you need to make chocolate pomegranate clusters
All you need are two things:
- a pomegranate (or pre-packaged pomegranate arils to save yourself even more time and energy)
- dark chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
You can use more or less chocolate if you’d like, but this is the amount I like to use that ends up being small cupcake-sized.
How to melt chocolate
Follow the package directions for what you have on hand, but you can either:
- Use a microwave, heating in short increments and stirring in between each one
- Use a double broiler, heating over low heat and stirring frequently
Either way, you want to heat the chocolate until it’s melted and smooth. Use a good quaity chocolate – it can make a big difference!
After you’ve made this recipe, please consider coming back to share your experience with others by leaving a comment below with a star rating!
Chocolate Pomegranate Clusters
- 1 pomegranate, cut and seeded
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- Remove seeds from pomegranate and lay them out on paper towels until completely dry.
- Line a mini muffin pan with 24 mini cupcake liners.
- Pour chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and heat in short increments to melt according to package instructions. Continue until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Transfer melted chocolate to a pastry bag or ziploc bag (and squeeze chocolate down into one corner and cut off a very small corner).
- Drizzle a thin layer of chocolate into bottom of cups. Add a layer of pomegranate arils to each cup and then drizzle with more chocolate. Repeat until you’ve filled each cup (around 3 layers of chocolate and 2 layers of pomegranate).
- Place clusters in the fridge to harden and cool for at least half an hour. Enjoy!