The perfect parfait for non-yogurt lovers! Layers of homemade granola, coconut whipped cream and fresh pomegranate arils make for an easy and healthy non-dairy, vegan pomegranate parfait breakfast.
Clearly, I'm on a health kick as of late. It has nothing to do with any new year's resolution, I just can't get enough of fruits and superfoods right now! Right at the top of the list is pomegranate – the flavor is bold and fresh, and I look for any excuse to add it to a meal.
This time I popped a healthy helping into a Coconut Pomegranate Granola Parfait.
I'm not a yogurt fan… and by that, I mean the smell of yogurt makes me gag. Not. A. Fan. I hate that I'm missing out on the ease of eating yogurt for breakfast, so I'm always trying to find substitutions.
The swap I've been loving lately is coconut whipped cream. It's a single ingredient, and while it might not have probiotics and whatever other health benefits yogurt provides it IS easy and gives me the texture I need for certain dishes – particularly parfaits.
I don't add any sweetener to mine because I actually enjoy the combination of flavors in this without it. There is coconut oil in the granola and coconut in the whipped cream (duh), and they provide a perfect balance to the slightly bitter dark chocolate and the sweetness of the pomegranate.
I could eat this every morning – seriously.
The recipe below is the quantity I like to use for two servings, and I layer them in two small mason jars to keep in the fridge to grab and go for breakfast at work. Here's my favorite part about this stuff: When you put it in the fridge, the coconut whipped cream gets somewhat solid again and doesn't cause the granola to lose any of its crunch. So when I take it out of the fridge, I drive 30 minutes to work and by the time I get there it's softened juuuuust enough to be easily spoonable. It's SO GOOD.
I want us to look at those layers again and really appreciate each level of awesomeness:
Yup. That's awesome. Go make some and dive in!
Leaving a comment and star rating is a great (and free) way to support Stress Baking! ❤️ After you've made this recipe, please consider clicking on the stars below and leaving a comment to share your experience!
Coconut Pomegranate Granola Parfait
- Preheat oven to 300°F and prepare a baking sheet with nonstick silicone mats or parchment paper. Spray with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a small microwavable bowl, combine coconut oil and honey/maple syrup and heat for 30 seconds. Stir to combine.2 tablespoons coconut oil2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut oil mixture and oats and stir to combine.1 cup (81 g) old fashioned oats
- Pour onto baking sheet and spread in an even layer.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until granola has started to turn a golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet.
- Once granola has cooled, transfer to a bowl and toss with chocolate to combine. Set aside.1/3 cup (58 ⅓ g) dark chocolate
Coconut Whipped Cream
- Remove the thick and condensed coconut cream from the can (save the liquid to use for something else!) and transfer to a mixing bowl. Using a whisk attachment, beat on medium high speed until soft peaks form. If you'd prefer a sweeter and less coconut-y taste, add honey and whip again. Set aside.1 can coconut milk1/2 tablespoon (½ tablespoon) honey
- Assemble the parfait (instructions per serving):In a parfait glass/mason jar/wide mouth glass, add 1/4 cup granola. Top with 1/4 cup of coconut whipped cream, and then 1/4 cup pomegranate arils. Repeat one more time and enjoy!1 cup (164 g) pomegranate arils
The provided nutrition information is generated by an automatic API and does not take variations across specific brands into account. This information is provided as a general guideline and should not be treated as official calculations. Learn more here.