Pretzels are drizzled with white chocolate and topped with crushed candy canes for a quick and easy, no-bake holiday treat! Add it to a holiday tin with some homemade peppermint bark.
Despite the fact that I’m not a huge fan of peppermint, I find myself baking with it constantly when the holidays roll around. I turn into Buddy the Elf and my main food groups become candy, candy canes, candy corn and syrup.
For today’s recipe I decided to add a little minty kick to one of my favorite quick and easy holiday snacks to create Peppermint White Chocolate Pretzels!
Normally I toss pretzels in oil, cinnamon and brown sugar, and then coat them in white chocolate. I found myself in need of a super quick snack to bring to a yankee swap at my office the next day, and that’s my go-to recipe when I’m tight on time. Sadly, I was out of cinnamon (I don’t know how that happened either), so I started digging around the pantry to see what else I could make.
I really had my heart set on white chocolate and pretzels, but I felt like just those two things was too boring. Sprinkles? Meh. I didn’t have any holiday colored bottles left. I found a bottle of peppermint extract, but that wouldn’t add any pizazz. That’s right, I said pizazz. Make it your word of the day.
I had almost given up until I realized someone had given me a box of candy canes, and they were still in my car! I ran out to the car, unwrapped a couple, and got to work.
It’s so easy, you guys. Seriously. I feel bad even putting together a recipe for this because I feel like I’m talking down to you. Please don’t take it that way and know that I’m just trying to be consistent!
You might notice in some of the pictures that there are some dark chocolate covered pretzels, too – I felt like taking a trip to the dark side. Maybe it’s because Star Wars comes out this week.
What’s your go-to holiday snack? Comment below and share! I’m always on the lookout for more snacks.
Want to add more holiday snacks to your arsenal?
- Candied Pecans
- Pomegranate Goat Cheese Bites by Fox and Briar
- Cranberry Bliss Puppy Chow
- Cranberry Brie Bites by Kitchen Sanctuary
- Sugared Cranberries
- Cranberry Basil Flatbreads by Hunger Thirst Play
- Cranberry Pecan Cheese Ball
- Cranberry White Chocolate Bark
After you’ve made this recipe, please consider coming back to share your experience with others by leaving a comment below with a star rating!
White Chocolate Peppermint Pretzels
- 1 lb pretzel twists
- 1 cup white chocolate, melted
- 3 large candy canes, crushed
- Cover 2 or 3 baking sheets with parchment or wax paper and place pretzels in a single layer – the number of baking sheets you’ll need depends on the size of the pretzels you’re using.
- Place unwrapped candy canes in a large plastic storage bag and crush using a rolling pin or mallet.
- Melt white chocolate over a double boiler (or in a large microwave safe bowl, if using white chocolate candy melts).
- Drizzle melted white chocolate over prepared pretzels and immediately cover in crushed peppermint.
- Place in fridge to set, then enjoy!