Graham crackers are smothered in butter and brown sugar, then topped with chocolate and marshmallows for a easy-to-make and addictive treat.
I’m going to go ahead and apologize now, because I’m about to ruin all other s’mores for you with this S’mores Toffee Bark. You’re forever going to want to smother your graham crackers with butter and brown sugar.
The next time someone makes s’mores around a campfire and hands you chocolate and marshmallow sandwiched between two normal graham crackers, you’re going to feel a little sad. I’m sorry.
When I was packing these bad boys into containers to bring to work, I found myself snacking on the toffee bits that had crumbled onto the pan. I seriously considered making nothing but a sheet of graham cracker toffee and eating it for breakfast. And then maybe I did.
Guys, I really have no shame.
My coworkers’ reactions were many different levels of joy:
- “WHY DO YOU WORK HERE PLEASE GO OPEN A BAKERY”
- “You need to be making sweet sh*t 24/7 and selling it at the Haasch Hut (okay… we can think of a better name for your chain of bakeries).”
- “I was just going to taste a bit of the toffee that broke off a piece someone else took. And then I accidentally ate two whole pieces. Okay, three. FINE. FOUR. I’M SORRY.”
This stuff is no joke. It’s sweet and addictive. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
Share s’more pictures with me on Instagram by tagging them with @stressbaking so I can see them! The pun? Intended. And I’m not even sorry.
After you’ve made this recipe, please consider coming back to share your experience with others by leaving a comment below with a star rating!
S'mores Toffee Bark
- 10-14 graham cracker sheets, depends on the size of your baking sheet
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 10 ounces marshmallows, mini or large
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line cookie sheet with graham crackers - you may need more or less depending on the size of the baking sheet you're using.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine butter and brown sugar and stir frequently. Remove from heat as soon as it comes to a boil, then pour mixture over graham crackers on prepared baking sheet. Use a spatula to spread it as evenly as possible.
- Place in oven to bake for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately cover with chocolate chips. Let it set for a few minutes to melt from the residual heat, and then use a spatula to spread it evenly.
- Top with marshmallows to cover the surface (you won't be able to use a spatula to spread this layer) and place back in the oven for 3 minutes.
- Turn the oven to broil and remove the pan once the tops of the marshmallows are golden brown.
- Place the completed bark in the fridge until it has set, and then cut into pieces and serve. Enjoy!