- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled (1/4 set aside for topping)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/3 cup milk, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Cook bacon however you prefer to make it nice and crispy – I like to bake it in the oven on a baking sheet for about 8-10 minutes at 400° F. Let it cool on a paper towel-lined plate and then crumble.
- Lower the oven temperature to 350°F and line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In a large bowl bowl, cream butter and then add sugar until mixture is fluffy.
- Add eggs and mix well. Add about 1/2 the dry mixture from the small bowl, add milk, and then add the rest of the dry mixture.
- Add vanilla and maple syrup and mix until well combined. Stir in 3/4 of your prepared bacon to distribute throughout batter.
- Fill each muffin cup 3/4-2/3 full and bake for about 25-30 minutes. Tops of cupcakes should be just slightly light brown. A toothpick entered into the center should come out clean. Set on cooking racks to completely cool.
- While cupcakes are cooling, prepare frosting in large bowl by beating together butter and cream cheese.
- Add maple syrup and cinnamon and mix well. Now add powdered sugar and whip until well-combined at a medium-high setting.
- Place frosting in fridge for about 15 minutes to let it firm up – the maple syrup causes it to lose a little bit of its fluffiness.
- Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes and add crumbled bacon on top of each.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: maple bacon cupcakes