DD Guy: Welcome to Dunkin Donuts. May I take your order?
Me: Yes, please! I’d like a medium White Hot Chocolate.
DD Guy: We don’t have White Hot Chocolate.
Me: …. it’s on your menu.
DD Guy: That’s not something we ever carried.
Me: … I’ve ordered it before. I’m looking at the giant poster that exclusively focuses on your many hot chocolates, including White Hot Chocolate, as we speak. Right there.
DD Guy: Oh. I meant we don’t have it right now.
Me: [sigh] That is a very different statement. Nevermind then – have a nice day.
DD Guy: [silence]
White chocolate puts a velvety, decadent spin on your typical hot chocolate!
- 2 1/2 cups of 2% milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (or omit and just use 3 cups milk)
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces high quality white chocolate, chopped
- Whipped cream, marshmallows, chocolate shavings, etc. for topping (optional)
- Combine milk, heavy cream, vanilla extract and white chocolate in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently until it comes to a simmer.
- Pour into a mug and top with whatever your heart desires.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!