These chewy cookies are packed with ginger and molasses, with a subtle sweetness to satisfy your sweet tooth. Dip them in white chocolate and decorate with sprinkles for some holiday flair!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/4 cup molasses
- Sparkling sugar or granulated sugar, for rolling (optional)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar medium speed until light and fluffy. Add in the egg and molasses, and beat on medium speed until combined.
- Add in the flour mixture a little at a time and beat on low speed until combined.
- Use a small cookie scoop to scoop out even portions of dough and roll each in sugar. Place each ball on parchment paper on a baking sheet or platter, cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1-2 hours to chill.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with non stick silicon mats or parchment paper.
- Transfer dough to prepared baking sheets, at least 1-inch apart. I recommend doing 9 cookies per baking sheet, just to give yourself plenty of room.
- Bake one sheet at a time on the middle rack for 10 minutes, or until the tops have just started to crack. If you’d prefer these cookies a little less chewy, leave in a minute or two longer. Remove and let cook on baking sheets for a few minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Once completely cooled, dip in white chocolate and decorate with sprinkles if desired and enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: ginger molasses cookies, ginger cookies, molasses cookies, chewy cookies, christmas cookies