The perfect combination of brownie and cookie! Crisp and crackly on the outside, chewy and fudgy in the middle with an indulgent dark chocolate flavor.
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Special Dark or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate and butter and heat in 30 seconds increments, stirring after each, until combined, melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg, sugars and vanilla on high until well-combined.
- Add melted chocolate mixture and mix on low speed until well-combined.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt and stir until just combined.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 1 hour. Remove from fridge and let warm up a bit for 10-15 minutes on the counter.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with nonstick silicon mats or parchment paper.
- Using a medium or large cookie scoop , drop batter onto prepared baking sheets a couple inches apart.
- Bake for 8 minutes – they should appear set and a little crinkly on top. Let cool completely on baking sheet, where they will continue to develop shiny tops and even more crinkles. Grab one and enjoy!
Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
Keywords: brownie cookies, brookies, fudgy cookies, chocolate cookies, brownie crinkle cookies