This recipe makes one giant soft, chewy, buttery chocolate chip cookie – perfect for one or two people. One bowl, no mixer, and no chilling required, and ready in 20 minutes! Can also be made as two smaller cookies.
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of kosher salt
- ¼ cup chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
- Sea salt flakes, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with nonstick silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk to combine butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Add egg and vanilla and whisk again to thoroughly combine.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt and stir to combine. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place dough onto center of prepared baking sheet and top with a pinch of flaky sea salt, if desired.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes, or until the top is set and the edges are golden brown.
- Allow to cool and set on baking sheet for 5-10 minutes, then serve and enjoy!
Egg: You can substitute 1 Tablespoon whisked whole egg. In a small bowl, beat an egg with a whisk and then measure out 1 Tablespoon for your cookie dough.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: one giant chocolate chip cookie, single serving cookie, giant cookie, chocolate chip cookie for one, chocolate chip cookie for two, small batch cookies