Can we talk about how cute these are? I have a ton of different cookie cutter shapes, but I decided for my first batch I would go with the classic bone shape, as well as a fire hydrant and a squirrel.
Since the biscuits don’t spread while they bake, they’ll retain whatever shape you give them – so feel free to get creative! Penny loved these, and I’m sure your furry friend will, too.
A crunchy pumpkin and peanut butter treat for your furry friends!
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin, not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups ground oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- In a medium bowl, mix ground oats and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix pumpkin puree, egg and peanut butter until well combined.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet mixture until well combined.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface and use cookie cutters to cut out the biscuits.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and place the biscuits about an inch apart on prepared pan (they’re not going to spread when they bake).
- Bake for 30 minutes and then let place on cooling rack and let cool for about 15 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container and dole them out to your pooch when they deserve a treat!
- Category: Dog Treats
- Method: Bake