- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Scant 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 5 ounces chocolate, chunks or chopped (set 1 ounce aside to press into the top of each cookie before baking)
- Flaky sea salt, for topping (optional, but encouraged)
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a stand mixer or hand mixer , beat butter until smooth and creamy.
- Add peanut butter and beat again until smooth.
- Add brown sugar and granulated sugar and beat again until combined and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat until just combined.
- Add dry ingredients and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Using a spatula, folk in chocolate chunks until just combined.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with a nonstick silicon mat or parchment paper.
- Use a medium cookie scoop (about 1 1/2 tablespoons) to portion out dough onto prepared cookie sheet a few inches apart. If desired, press a few chocolate chunks into the top of each cookie for presentation’s sake. Press down lightly on the top of each cookie to flatten it just a little, then top with a small sprinkle of flaky sea salt, if desired.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are set and the edges have started to turn golden. Let cool on baking sheet for at least 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies, chocolate peanut butter cookies