No-Bake Date Brownies
Rich, decadent brownies that are no-bake, no refined sugar, gluten free and vegan!
- 1 ½ cups walnuts
- 2 ½ cups pitted dates, loosely packed
- 6 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cinnamon
- ⅓ cup raw cacao powder
- ¼ cup honey, or maple syrup, or agave
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chopped cherries
- Whipped cream, optional
In a food processor, pulse walnuts until chopped very small.
Add dates, cacao, coconut oil, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon and process until smooth, scraping down as needed.
Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper and press dough into pan. Make sure dough is evenly distributed.
In a medium bowl, combine cacao, honey/maple syrup/agave, coconut oil and vanilla.
Whisk until mixture is smooth.
Pour over brownie dough and smooth with a spatula until evenly distributed.
Refrigerate brownies for at least 2 hours to set.
Cut into 9 or 16 bars. Keep refrigerated until serving, top with your favorite whipped cream and chopped cherries then enjoy!
To make Black Forest Sundaes (4 servings):
- Make a small batch of Mascarpone Whipped Cream (or your favorite whipped cream).
- Slice or chop 16 cherries (get rid of those pits!).
- Top each brownie with cherries and whipped cream. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Calories: 321kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 67mg | Potassium: 475mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 36g | Vitamin A: 65IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 2mg