Blueberry Muffin Bread
My favorite blueberry muffin recipe turned into a loaf of blueberry muffin bread! It's moist, stuffed with juicy blueberries, and topped with some sparkling sugar for a light, sweet crunch.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup canola oil, or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, (1 pint)
- Zest of one lemon
- Sparkling sugar, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with non-stick spray. If desired, also dust with a light coating of all purpose flour to help prevent sticking - set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar – don’t overmix! Whisk until just combined.
Add buttermilk, oil, and vanilla and whisk until just combined.
Add egg mixture to flour mixture. You don’t want to overmix, but just stir long enough that all the flour has been incorporated.
Gently fold in blueberries and lemon zest until just combined.
Pour batter into prepared pan. Optional: Add a little sparkling sugar to the top.
Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Let cool in pan, then invert to gently remove it from the pan. Slice, serve with a pat of butter, and enjoy!
- If you find that the top is gets too brown and crisp for your liking, tent with foil for the last 10-15 minutes until cooked through.
- To reheat, just pop it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds.
Calories: 327kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 276mg | Potassium: 94mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 76IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 91mg | Iron: 2mg