Apple Cider Hot Toddy
The classic hot toddy cocktail is easy to make, warm and comforting - which makes it the perfect drink when you're fighting a cold. The apple cider hot toddy is a sweet and spicy variation!
- ¾ cup hot water, not boiling
- 1 ½ ounces brandy, can substitute for whiskey
- 1 ounce fresh apple cider
- ½ to 1 ounce lemon juice, to taste
- 1 to 3 teaspoons honey, to taste
- Apple slice, lemon slice, cinnamon stick or star anise, for garnish (optional)
Pour hot (not boiling) water into a mug and let it sit for a minute before you prepare the rest of the drink. This will warm your mug for the ultimate cozy experience!
Add your alcohol of choice, apple cider, lemon juice, honey and stir to combine.
Garnish with a slice of apple and a cinnamon stick (see other options above), and serve immediately. Enjoy, and get well soon!
- Choice of alcohol: pairing brandy and apple cider together is heavenly, but whiskey will work just fine, too.
- To make a traditional hot toddy, just omit apple cider and increase the quantity of hot water to 1 cup.
Calories: 136kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 11mg | Potassium: 48mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg