Melt in your mouth white chocolate truffles are creamy with a delicate champagne flavor, making them the perfect dessert for your New Year’s Eve party!
- 6 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup champagne
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 8 ounces white chocolate candy melts
- Gold sprinkles, optional for garnish
- Place white chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat heavy cream until it comes to a boil. Immediately pour over white chocolate and let sit for a couple minutes, then stir until smooth.
Tip: If necessary, you can pop it in the microwave for 10 seconds to help melt the chocolate.
- Add champagne and butter, and stir until completely combined and smooth.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to set (at least an hour).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, wax paper or a nonstick silicon mat . Set aside.
- Use a small cookie scoop or teaspoon (depending on the size you’d like them to be) to scoop each ball onto prepared baking sheets. Use your hands to roll each into a smooth ball, place back on baking sheet and place back in the fridge to set again since you warmed them up with your hands (at least 30 minutes in the fridge, or 15 minutes in the freezer).
- In a double boiler, melt white chocolate until smooth and using a toothpick or candy dipper , coat each ball in chocolate and place back on prepared baking sheet. If you’re going to add any sprinkles or other garnish, top each one as soon as you’ve placed them back on the sheet.
- Let the chocolate set, serve and enjoy! If making them ahead of time, store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Since you only need a little champagne, I’d recommend buying those cute little 187 mL bottles for use in this recipe (they hold about 3/4 cup champagne). Then you have enough left to toast your good work with a glass 🙂
- Need more for a bigger crowd? Just double the recipe!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Bake
Keywords: white chocolate truffles, champagne truffles