Classic tiramisu, made for two! Creamy, rich layers bursting with the flavors of espresso and liqueur. The perfect romantic Valentine’s Day dessert!
- 2 individual trifle bowls
- 2 eggs, room temperature and separated
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 6 ladyfingers
- 3 ounces brandy or orange liqueur (or mix of both, my personal preference)
- 3 ounces brewed espresso
- 1 ounce chocolate, grated
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder + 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder, sifted together
- Heart sprinkles, for garnish (optional)
- Slice each ladyfinger into three equally-sized pieces. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, use a hand mixer to beat egg whites to stiff peaks. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together egg yolks and sugar together until combined.
- For each of the 2 trifle bowls: Add mascarpone to bowl of egg yolk mixture and beat to combine. Fold in egg whites until just combined and no white streaks remain. Divide equally between two small bowls.
- Arrange one of the sliced ladyfingers in a single layer in the bottom of trifle dish. Pour 1 tablespoon of liqueur over ladyfingers (you want to coat them so they soak it up). Now pour 1 tablespoon espresso over them as well.
- From one of your divided mascarpone mixtures, cover the ladyfingers with 1/3 of the mixture. Top with 1/2 tablespoon grated chocolate and 1/2 tablespoon cocoa/espresso powder mixture.
- Repeat steps #5 and 6 twice more to form three layers in total.
- Serve immediately, or let set in fridge for up to 5 days (covered with plastic wrap) before serving. Enjoy!
I use 10 ounce trifle bowls similar to these, so you may need to adjust the number of layers depending on the size of the serving bowls you’re using.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: tiramisu, tiramisu for two, valentine's day dessert