Easy, moist banana bread that is perfectly crisp on the outside. One bowl, no mixer required! Next time, try out my triple chocolate banana bread, cranberry pumpkin banana bread, paleo banana berry breakfast cookies.
- 1 cup mashed very ripe banana (about 3 medium bananas)
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil (can substitute greek yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F and spray a 9×5 loaf pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash banana to remove as many of the lumps as possible. If desired, run through a food processor or blender for a couple seconds.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, oil, vanilla and whisk until well combined.
- Add brown sugar and whisk again until well combined.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt and whisk until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake on rack in the lower third of the oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Leaving loaf in the pan, place on wire rack to cool for 15-20 minutes. Invert and carefully remove loaf and place back on wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice into 8 pieces and enjoy!
- If you’re not a fan of small banana chunks in your bread, you can blend the bananas instead of just mashing them.
- For a crunch, add 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts into the batter, and maybe sprinkle some on top, too.
- Make sure you cover every inch of your loaf pan with nonstick spray to ensure your loaf comes out easily when it’s done.
- To make sure your banana bread doesn’t dry out, you should always wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, tin foil, or store it in an airtight container. Even better? Wrap it and stick it in a covered container.
- Don’t have buttermilk handy? You can substitute 1/3 scant cup whole milk mixed with 1 teaspoon of white vinegar or freshly squeezed lemon juice. Just stir the two to mix, and let sit on the counter for 5-10 minutes before using.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana bread, perfect banana bread