This chocolate mug cake is moist, contains no eggs, and is easy to make and ready to eat in 5 minutes!
- 1/4 cup milk or non-dairy milk of choice
- 2 Tablespoon oil (I like to use coconut oil)
- 2 Tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional, but encouraged)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tablespoon Nutella or peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips (optional, but encouraged)
- In a medium bowl, whisk to combine milk, oil, brown sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt and whisk again to combine until batter is mostly smooth and no dry lumps remain.
- Transfer batter to a large microwave safe mug*, and drop a tablespoon of Nutella or peanut butter into the middle of the batter – no need to stir.
- Place mug cake in the microwave and heat for about 70 seconds.**
- Carefully remove from the microwave and serve immediately. Top with whipped cream or a small scoop of ice cream, if desired. Enjoy!
*Mug size: You want your mug to be at least 14 ounces.
**Microwave wattage: My microwave is 1500 watts, so you may need to adjust your time to be less or more depending on the wattage of your microwave.
- Category: Cake
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate mug cake, easy mug cake, the best mug cake, moist mug cake, eggless mug cake