To say it’s been a rough couple of weeks is an understatement. Here’s a rundown of what’s been happening recently that’s kept me out of the kitchen and off of the blog:
- Still sick with this constant cough. It’s been 6 weeks and I’m starting to lose my mind a little.
- Been helping some friends through some really tough life transitions.
- Getting Penny through her first heat is not something I want to do again. We’re finally past it and she has an appointment next month to be spayed but…. good grief, Charlie Brown that was a pain in the ass.
- The first week of this month is when I lost two very important people in my life last year, and it still stings.
- I’m turning 30 next week and the panic attacks have set in. Trying not to think about it too much, but… well, if you know me, you know that’s not easy for me to do.
- The Massachusetts Air Guard lost of of their own when one of their pilots crashed into the mountains of Virginia. Rest in peace, Moose.
- Lost a coworker/friend who finally succumbed to a long battle with cancer – his funeral is this weekend. We miss you, Chris.
- A good friend lost their eldest dog (a fellow “red dog”), who Penny adored. Losing pets are just as hard as losing people and it never gets easier. Penny and I are sending you puppy kisses, Kai!
- Layoffs at my company this week eliminated about 75% of my work friends.
So needless to say, I’ve been a bit distracted. Once I get my life back in order I’ll be back, but I think I need a week or so to get back on track. For now, I’ll leave you with this morning’s sunrise over Lake Boon. Happy Friday!