Slightly sweet whipped lemon mascarpone mousse is layered with tart strawberry puree for a creamy and decadent summer dessert!
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 6 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Optional garnish: sliced strawberries, fresh lemon zest
- In a medium saucepan, heat strawberries, sugar and lemon over medium heat for 10 minutes. The strawberries should be reduced to a juicy, bubbly jam.
- Either transfer to a heat proof bowl and use an immersion blender , or transfer to a food processor to blend into a smoother mixture. It doesn’t need to be perfectly smooth – but if you’d prefer it smoother, just push it through a fine mesh sieve to remove the seeds.
- Place in the fridge to cool while you prep the mousse.
- In a medium bowl, combine mascarpone cheese, 1 tablespoon sugar and lemon juice and use a hand mixer or stand mixer to beat on high speed until combined, smooth and fluffy.
- In another medium bowl, combine heavy cream, 1/2 tablespoon sugar, vanilla and salt and use a hand mixer to beat on high speed until it forms soft peaks.
- Fold the heavy cream mixture into the mascarpone mixture until completely combined.
- Spoon mousse mixture into a pastry bag to pipe into serving dishes.
- Dividing between two serving dishes (or 4, if you’d like smaller portions): Start with a a spoonful of strawberry puree, then a layer of mousse, and repeat twice more until you’ve used all the ingredients.
- Top with diced strawberries and/or fresh lemon zest and serve. Enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: strawberry lemon mascarpone mousse, strawberry mousse, lemon mousse, mascarpone mousse, strawberry mascarpone mousse, summer dessert