Strawberry Basil Margarita
Sweet and savory join forces for your new favorite summer cocktail! Basil provides an unexpected and refreshing take to the standard strawberry margarita.
- Author: Leslie Kiszka
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 drink 1x
- Category: Drink
- Method: Shake
- Cuisine: American
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 strawberries, sliced or diced
- 4 basil leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 ounces tequila
- Salt or sugar, optional for rimming glass
- In a small saucepan, heat water and sugar until sugar dissolves and mixture is clear and no longer cloudy. This is your simple syrup! Set aside to cool or place in fridge to cool more quickly.
- In a small bowl or glass, muddle strawberries, basil leaves, lime and orange juices.
- Place in a cocktail shaker with the tequila and filled with ice and shake well.
- It’s optional, but now is when you’d want to rim your serving glass with salt or sugar and fill with ice. Pour mixture into prepared glass, sans ice from the shaker, and garnish with a strawberry and lime slice. Enjoy!
Keywords: strawberry basil margarita