The move into the new house has been a challenge, to say the least.
I’m exhausted, every part of my body hurts, I’m so covered in bruises I look like I’ve been beaten by my boyfriend (which to clarify, I have not), and I have no idea where any of my belongings are except for my toothbrush and a Nemo stuffed animal. The shower broke, we had to take doors off of their frames to get furniture in, I mutilated my arm trying to pick up the couch and collapsed into tears on our doorstep out of sheer exhaustion.
So basically… moving sucks.
However, I need to focus on the positive because this will all be worth it in the end. Right? Right.
- We passed this every time we made a trip back and forth from the apartment to the house. Adorable.
- The cable/internet install went smoothly, and now our picture is sharper than ever and internet is lightening fast. The perks of a brand new install.
- I’m now awoken by the sound of birds chirping and acorns falling on the ground instead of an elephant pounding around upstairs.
- Every meal since we moved in has been on the grill except for a snack of mac ‘n cheese. Even breakfast was prepared outside (Apple Maple Chicken Sausage on the grill, and eggs on the side burner!)
- We got our first piece of mail at the new address. Sure, it was just the USPS welcome kit for our change of address, but still!
- Our neighbors are SO NICE. everyone is welcoming us to the area with open arms and the best part is that most people have superfriendly dogs. I definitely got my fill of puppy love this weekend.
- Our landlords are great – every problem that’s popped up has been handled really quickly, and that’s really all you can ask for. Plus they’re just really nice people.
We still have a lot of stuff we need to pick up to get organized, and a TON of unpacking to do… But we’ll get there.