Have a craving for Rice Krispie Treats, but don’t want to make a whole pan of them? This Rice Krispie Treat in a mug is single serving and needs only 3 ingredients, 2 minutes and a microwave!
- 1/2 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 6 large marshmallows (or 3/4 cup mini marshmallows)
- 1/2 cup – 3/4 cup Rice Krispies cereal, dry
- In a mug, add butter and microwave for 15-20 seconds or until just melted. Tip the mug slightly to the side and roll the melted butter around to coat the edges a bit.
- Add marshmallows and microwave again for 30 seconds. Carefully remove from microwave and stir to combine. Immediately add Rice Krispies cereal and stir to combine. Start with 1/2 cup, then add up to another 1/4 cup more if you’d like it thicker.
- Serve and enjoy!
Cereal to marshmallow ratio: Start with 1/2 cup of Rice Krispies cereal at first, then add more if you want it to be thicker. I prefer my ratio of cereal to marshmallow to be more marshmallow-heavy, and it’s also easier to eat with a spoon.
Mug size: You want your mug to be at least 8 ounces.
Microwave wattage: My microwave is 1500 watts, so you may need to adjust your time to be less or more depending on the wattage of your microwave.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: rice krispie treat in a mug, single serving rice krispie treat, quick rice krispie treat, microwave rice krispie treat, microwave dessert