This sheet pan sausage and peppers meal is made on a single baking sheet and is easy to customize with whatever vegetables you have on hand! Great for a quick and easy dinner or for weekly meal prep.
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 Italian sausage links
- 2 red potatoes, diced into 1/2″ pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1 zucchini, diced into 1” rounds
- 3 red, yellow or orange bell peppers, cored and cut into thin strips
- 1 head broccoli, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 onion, cut into thin strips (about 2 cups)
- Salt and pepper, to taste (I use about 1/2 teaspoon of each)
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large sheet pan with parchment paper or foil. Set aside.
- Place all veggies on the prepared baking sheet, drizzle with oil and top with seasonings. Use tongs to toss and coat.
- You can also combine oil and seasonings in a large bowl, then add veggies and toss or stir to evenly coat before transferring to prepared baking sheet in an even layer.
- Top with whole sausage links, and use tongs to nestle them into the veggies a little so they don’t slide around. Brush the tops of the links with a little olive oil to help them brown.
- Cook in oven on the middle rack for 15 minutes, then use a spatula or tongs to shuffle the veggies around a tad. Turn the sausage links over, brush with a little more oil on the side facing up, and cook another 15 minutes or until veggies are tender and sausage is cooked through.
- This step is optional, but encouraged: Turn the oven to Broil and let it brown the tops of the sausage and veggies for 3-5 minutes – keep a close eye on things so they don’t burn!
- Top with fresh chopped parsley. Serve alone or on top of cooked rice, couscous or quinoa and enjoy!
Vegetables: Use whatever you’d like! Other great options include green beans, asparagus, tomatoes, sweet potatoes and carrots.
Storage: You can store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Reheating: Either reheat in a skillet over medium low heat until warmed through, or lightly covered in the microwave until warm.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sheet pan sausage and veggies, sheet pan dinner, sheet pan veggies, baked sausage and veggies