The Salty Dog is a refreshing combination of grapefruit juice and gin with a salted rim. Perfect for summer, even if you can’t get at the beach!
- Coarse salt
- Ice cubes
- 4 ounces gin
- 6 ounces fresh grapefruit juice (freshly squeezed and strained is best)
- Grapefruit wedges, to garnish
- Chill two highball glasses and pour salt on a small plate or bowl.
- Moisten the rims of the two chilled glasses (with grapefruit juice or water) and gently dip rims into salt to coat.
- Fill glasses with ice cubes. Pour 2 ounces gin into each glass, and top each with 3 ounces grapefruit juice. Garnish with small grapefruit wedge and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Can also be stirred, or prepared shaken over ice – I prefer the pour over method simply because it looks prettier.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Poured
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: salty dog cocktail, the salty dog, gin cocktail, grapefruit cocktail