This chocolate tart recipe has a chocolate cookie and coconut oil crust, is filled with a rich and decadent cashew chocolate cream and pomegranate juice, and topped with fresh pomegranate arils and a tangy pomegranate sauce. Rich chocolate and pomegranate are the perfect dessert combination for your winter!
- 3 cups chocolate sandwich cookies
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (more, if needed – I use Tresomega Nutrition virgin coconut oil)
- Pinch of kosher or sea salt
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked in water (at least 4 hours, or see the notes for the 15 minute speedy method)
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup raw cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup raw honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon pomegranate juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup fresh pomegranate arils, for garnish
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Squeeze of fresh lemon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9″ round tart pan (with a removable bottom) with non-stick spray, or coat with a little melted coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine chocolate sandwich cookies, coconut oil and salt and pulse until well-combined and sticky.
- Press mixture into prepared tart pan, pressing it up against the sides and fully covering the bottom.
- Place tart pan on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool completely.
- In a food processor, blend cashews until mostly smooth and combined. If you press a spatula into the mixture and it’s smooth and combined, it’s good.
- Add vanilla, cocoa powder, honey (or sweetener of choice), pomegranate juice and salt. Blend until smooth and pourable (it will be thick like brownie batter).
- Pour into prepared crust and use a spatula to smooth out the top, if needed. Garnish with pomegranate arils. Place in fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine pomegranate juice, sugar and squeeze of lemon. Cook, stirring frequently, until sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool for a bit before transferring to an airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Once the tart has set and your sauce is cooled, slice the tart and drizzle each slice with prepared pomegranate sauce just before serving. Enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake