A crunchy pumpkin and peanut butter treat for your furry friend! Five ingredients, and ready in 45 minutes.
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin, not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups ground oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- In a medium bowl, mix ground oats and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, egg and peanut butter until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet mixture, and stir with a spatula until well combined.
- Turn out dough on a lightly floured surface and use cookie cutters to cut out the biscuits. Note that this isn’t the consistency of something like a sugar cookie cutout, so you won’t want to use super detailed cookie cutters for this recipe.
- Line a baking sheet with nonstick silicon mats or parchment paper, and place the biscuits about an inch apart on prepared pan (they’re not going to spread when they bake).
- Bake for 23-30 minutes (depending on the size – bigger treats will need more time) and then let place on cooling rack and let cool for about 15 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container and dole them out to your pooch when they deserve a treat!
- Category: Dog Treats
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin peanut butter dog treats