A chocolate cookie crust is topped with creamy and rich peppermint cheesecake, loaded with white chocolate peppermint pieces, crushed candy canes and topped off with more chocolate. Bite-sized holiday dessert perfection!
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate graham crackers or chocolate cookies
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1–2 drops of peppermint extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup Ghirardelli Peppermint Baking Chunks
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candy canes, plus more for topping
- Red food gel coloring, optional (for swirling on top)
- 8 ounces chocolate melting wafers (or 8 ounces chopped chocolate, plus 1 tablespoon coconut oil)
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine graham crackers and melted butter. Pulse until combined and the texture of wet sand.
- Press mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan and set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat cream cheese on high speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, sugar, cornstarch or arrowroot starch, vanilla extract, peppermint extract and salt and beat until combined and smooth.
- Fold in bark pieces and crushed candy canes.
- Pour on top of prepared crust. If desired, place a few drops of red food gel on top of the filling and drag a knife through those dots to create pretty swirls.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until just set and the center barely jiggles when shaken. Let cool to room temperature for half an hour in the pan on top of a wire rack .
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer for at least an hour to completely set and chill.
- Remove from pan and use a large knife (or my personal preference, a pizza rocker knife) to cut into 36 squares.
- Melt chocolate according to package directions. Either dip the top of each cheesecake bite in the chocolate, or place chocolate in a piping bag and drizzle on top. Sprinkle crushed candy canes on top, if desired. Serve and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
Keywords: peppermint cheesecake, cheesecake bites