1) Preheat oven to 375° F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or non-stick silicon mats and set aside.
2) In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
3) In a large bowl, beat butter until fluffy and light. Add sugar, brown sugar, and 1/4 cup of peanut butter and beat well until mixture is fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla, beating to combine. Slowly add dry mixture to wet mixture and stir until well combined. Set aside and move onto prepping the peanut butter filling.
4) In a medium bowl, mix together 1/2 cup of peanut butter and powdered sugar until smooth. It may take a while, but hang in there – it will become smooth.
5) Grab a heaping tablespoon of dough and roll it into a ball. Flatten it with your hands and lay it down on the prepared baking sheets, keeping each disk of dough an inch apart.
6) Now grab about a teaspoon of the peanut butter filling mixture and roll it into a small ball. Place each peanut butter ball in the center of each cookie.
7) Now wrap the cookie around the peanut butter ball, making sure it’s sealed all the way around and roll back into a ball and place back on the baking sheet. Flatten each ball and make sure each of the cookies are 1-2 inches apart.
8) Bake for about 8 minutes, but make sure not to overcook! They will still be a little puffy, but they’ll settle once you let them rest on the baking sheets for a few minutes. Move to a wire rack to cool completely.
9) In a small bowl, combine remaining 1/4 cup peanut butter and coconut oil. Melt in microwave in 10 second increments, stirring until melted and combined. Place mixture in a plastic baggie with a teeny, tiny corner cut off and drizzle over your cooled cookies. Let them set and then enjoy!