A bite-sized peanut butter cup with the added bonus of hidden fruit inside! It only takes three (or four) ingredients and can be ready in an hour.
- 16 ounces dark chocolate
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (optional)
- 1 apple, cored and cut into 3/4” circles
- Place chocolate into a medium-sized microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Coat the bottom and sides of 12 mini muffin baking cups with about 3/4 of the melted chocolate. Place cups in freezer for 30 minutes to harden.
- In a small bowl, mix peanut butter and powdered sugar until well combined (powdered sugar can also be omitted altogether). Set aside.
- Slice an apple and use a cookie cutter, shot glass or similarly-sized circular item to cut out 3/4″ pieces. Set aside.
- Remove chocolate cups from freezer and add about 1/2 tablespoon of peanut butter mixture in the middle. Place one apple slice into center, cover with another 1/2 tablespoon of peanut butter. Cover top completely with remaining melted chocolate.
- Place in fridge for 30 minutes to set, then peel off the wrappers and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 12
- Calories: 331
- Sugar: 19
- Sodium: 7
- Fat: 23
- Saturated Fat: 10
- Unsaturated Fat: 11
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 28
- Protein: 6
- Cholesterol: 2