Cupcakes for your dog are made with peanut butter and banana, and topped with a mashed potato “frosting” and a dog treat garnish!
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 heaping tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 of a banana, mashed
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups water
- 1 small potato
- 1 teaspoon fat free milk
- 2 dog treats
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Spray 2 cups of muffin pan and set aside.
- Combine all batter ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour batter into muffin pan and bake for about 15 minutes. Tops should be golden and firm. Let cool in pan for a couple minutes and then move to wire rack to cool completely.
- Peel potato and chop into cubes. Fill pan with water and bring to a boil. Add potato and boil until potato falls apart when stuck with a fork. Drain.
- Mash potato, add milk and use a hand mixer to combine completely. It should be a consistency that will be smooth and thick enough to pipe as frosting.
- Cut the corner off of a small baggie and scoop potato frosting inside. Squeeze it all down to one end and pipe on top of cooled pupcakes in whatever manner you’d like. Top with dog treats and let your pup enjoy!
- Category: Dog Treat
- Method: Bake