Pan Fried Gnocchi and Brussels Sprouts
Italian sausage, brussels sprouts and gnocchi are pan fried with lemon zest and butter for a dinner that’s ready in less than 30 minutes!
- Author: Leslie Kiszka
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage (about 2 links)
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 lemon, zested
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes (optional)*
- 1 (18-ounce) package shelf-stable or refrigerated potato gnocchi
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Freshly shredded Parmesan, for garnish
- Flat parsley, for garnish
- In a large 12″ skillet or saucepan, heat 1 Tablespoon oil over medium high heat. Add sausage and cook, breaking it into pieces, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and transfer to a medium bowl. Cover and set aside.
- In the same pan, add another 1 Tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat, and carefully arrange brussels sprouts cut side down in an even layer. Season with salt and pepper, and scatter lemon zest across the top. Let cook without stirring for 3-5 minutes, until brussels sprouts are browned underneath.
- Add garlic and red pepper flake (if using). Stir and cook until brussels sprouts are tender, about 2 minutes. Transfer to the bowl with cooked sausage, re-cover and set aside.
- In the same pan, add another 1 Tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat. Being sure to break up any of the gnocchi that might be stuck together, add them to the pan in an even layer. Cover the pan and let cook until golden brown on the bottoms, about 2-3 minutes. Add butter and stir to coat.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the butter is golden in color and foaming, 1-2 minutes.
- Add your bowl of sausage and brussels sprouts back to the pan and stir to thoroughly combine until warmed through.
- Transfer to serving bowls and top with shredded Parmesan and parsley. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- If using hot sausage links, omit red pepper flake – unless you like a good amount of heat!
- If you choose to omit the cheese, consider adding some more lemon zest and parsley.
Keywords: pan fried brussels sprouts and gnocchi, pan friend gnocchi, gnocchi dinner