These brussels sprouts are pan-fried with crumbled bacon and butter for a light and flavorful side dish!
- 2 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 12 ounces fresh brussels sprouts, rinsed and halved lengthwise
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional garnish)
- Cook bacon, let cool and crumble. Set aside.
- In a large pan over medium heat, add olive oil and butter.
- Once butter is melted, add minced garlic and stir constantly for a minute.
- Add brussels sprouts, cut side down, in a single layer. Cover and let cook for 5 minutes without stirring.
- Add crumbled bacon, stir lightly, and cover to cook another 5 minutes (without stirring) or until brussels sprouts are fork tender.
- Add salt and/or pepper to taste and serve topped with freshly grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
This dish is easily made vegan by omitting cheese and bacon, and using a butter substitute.
- Category: Appetizer