The perfect alternative to pumpkin pie! Homemade Nutella swirl through a thick layer of pumpkin pie filling, sitting atop a shortbread crust – you won’t believe they’re gluten free, dairy free, and paleo.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, room temperature
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an stand mixer, combine coconut oil and maple syrup on high speed until combined and creamy.
- Add coconut flour, ground cinnamon and salt and mix on low speed until completely combined.
- Press batter into prepared pan and flatted into an even layer and bake for 8 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin, coconut sugar, coconut milk, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and salt until completely combined and mostly smooth.
- Pour over the prepared crust, smoothing with a spatula if necessary.
- If it’s not already a pourable consistency, warm your homemade nutella in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Place large dollops of Nutella on top of the pumpkin filling, then drag a knife between the dollops to create swirls.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the top is set and no longer jiggles if you lightly shake the pan. Let cool completely in pan.
- Use the edges of the parchment paper to lift the bars out of the pan, slice into 9-16 pieces and enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
Keywords: pumpkin pie bars, pumpkin nutella bars, paleo pumpkin pie