Tender cake is packed with tart cranberries and a hint of orange zest, and loaded with slivered almonds and a sweet crumb topping.
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, solid (not melted)
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 3/4 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, solid (not melted)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- 2 cups cranberries, divided
- Zest of 1 orange, divided
- Preheat oven to 350° and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, coconut sugar and coconut oil. Use a pastry cutter to cut in the coconut oil until completely combined and crumbly. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut oil and coconut sugar until well combined.
- Add eggs, almond milk and vanilla/almond extract and use a wooden spoon to combine.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture until combined. Add 1 1/2 cups cranberries and 3/4 of the orange zest and gently stir to combine.
- Press batter into prepared pan. Top with crumb mixture, cranberries and orange zest.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely in pan. Cut into 9 pieces and enjoy!