These cookie cups are like an almond butter cup and a cowboy cookie had a baby. Chewy gluten free oats, coconut and crunchy pecans are coated in smooth chocolate for a no-bake, no refined sugar, no gluten, no dairy dessert!
- 1/2 cup creamy, smooth almond butter
- 1/3 cup gluten free rolled oats * (see notes)
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (I recommend Enjoy Life brand)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, to taste (or honey if not vegan)
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2–4 Tablespoons maple syrup, to taste (or honey, if not vegan)
- Pinch of salt
- Prep a muffin tin with liners and set aside.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt coconut oil. Add cocoa powder, sweetener (to taste) and salt and whisk to combine. Set aside to cool slightly while you prepare the filling.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond butter, oats, pecans, coconut, mini chips, vanilla and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- Add sweetener and stir to combine. Add more (or less) to taste.
- Roll about a tablespoons of filling in your palms and flatten until it’s slightly smaller than the width of the liner.
- Pour a thin layer of chocolate into the bottom of each liner, place a disc of filling on top, and top with enough chocolate to cover the filling.
- Top with coconut, chopped pecans, or sea salt, if desired. Place in freezer for at least an hour to chill and set. Enjoy!
Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer for up to two weeks.
*Note: I’ve been told that gluten free oats are okay for paleo (as long as you’re not consuming them by the barrel), but I know some others don’t feel the same way and follow the paleo diet very strictly. If so, try substituting quinoa flakes!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cookie cups, cowboy cookie cups