Moist cake is packed with apple cider flavor and topped with a cinnamon apple crumb topping!
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, solid (not melted)
- 2 medium tart apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
For crumb topping:
- In a medium bowl, combine 1/4 cup almond flour , 1/4 cup coconut sugar and pinch of cinnamon. Use a pastry cutter to cut in the coconut oil until completely combined and crumbly. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together 2 3/4 cups almond flour , 1/4 cup coconut flour , baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut oil and coconut sugar until well combined.
- Add eggs, cider, almond milk and vanilla extract and use a wooden spoon to combine.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture until combined.
- Press batter into prepared pan. Top with crumb mixture, chopped apples, and walnuts.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely in pan. Cut into 9 pieces and enjoy!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: paleo apple cinnamon coffee cake, paleo coffee cake