Rich, fudgy brownies are stuffed with classic Oreos and topped with red velvet whipped cream frosting, Oreo crumbles and heart sprinkles. The perfect Valentine’s Day treat!
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/8 cup dutch processed cocoa
- 1/8 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Red Velvet Frosting Layer:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup red velvet cake mix (dry)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line an 8×8″ inch pan with parchment paper, making sure to leave a little hanging over the edges. Set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine butter and chopped chocolate. Stop to stir every 30 seconds until smooth (for me, it was 1 minute 30 seconds).
- To the same bowl, add eggs, sugars and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Add flour, cocoa powders, espresso powder and salt. Whisk to combine until smooth.
- Pour into into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean.
- Remove from the oven and (keeping brownies in their pan) place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Chill a large mixing bowl in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- In that bowl, combine heavy cream and mascarpone cheese on a low speed until mostly combined, then increase speed to high and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Add cake mix and whip again until combined.
- Frost cooled brownies and slice, serve and enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
Keywords: oreo brownies, oreo stuffed brownies, red velvet oreo brownies