Based off my fan-favorite banana bread recipe, this is an easy small batch banana muffin recipe that only needs one banana, one bowl, and 30 minutes!
- 1 overripe banana
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 egg white (no yolk!)
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- 1/3 cup add ins like berries, chocolate chips, walnuts, etc. (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F and spray muffin tin with nonstick spray or line with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash banana to remove as many of the lumps as possible. If desired, run through a food processor or blender for a couple seconds.
- Add brown sugar and whisk together until well combined.
- Add melted butter, egg white and vanilla extract and beat with whisk until well combined.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt (and cinnamon, if using) and whisk again until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan (it’s best to use the center cups for most even baking), filling cups 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425°F, then turn the oven temperature down to 350°F. Bake for another 16-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and tops are set and golden.
- Let muffins cool in tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: small batch banana muffins, one banana banana muffins, one banana muffins, one banana small batch muffins, one bowl banana muffins, banana bread muffins