A layer of crushed Oreos is topped with rich Nutella cheesecake mousse and whipped cream for a decadent dessert.
- 4 Oreos
- 1/2 Tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
Nutella Cheesecake Mousse
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (can substitute pure vanilla extract)
Whipped cream (optional, but encouraged)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- In a food processor or blender , pulse Oreos and melted butter until small crumbs form. Set aside 1 Tablespoon for garnish.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer on medium high speed to combine Nutella, cream cheese and powdered sugar until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- In a separate medium bowl, whip heavy cream to soft peaks. Add granulated sugar and almond extract and whip to medium peaks.
- Add the whipped cream to the bowl of Nutella mixture and gently fold with a spatula until just combined and no white streaks remain.
- Divide crushed Oreos between 2 or 4 serving dishes. Evenly divide Nutella mousse on top of crushed Oreos.
- Cover each dish with plastic wrap and place in fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Before removing the mousse from the fridge, make your homemade whipped cream topping: in a medium bowl, use a hand mixer to whip heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add in granulated sugar and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Remove the mousse from the fridge, uncover and top with whipped cream and reserved crushed Oreos. Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition info: The nutrition information listed below is for 4 servings.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: nutella cheesecake mousse, nutella oreo mousse, nutella oreo cheesecake, nutella mousse