A homemade, no churn version of the popular Ben & Jerry’s Americone Dream ice cream. Creamy vanilla ice cream is mixed with caramel and chocolate-covered waffle cone pieces for the perfect balance of sweet, salty and crunchy!
- 4 waffle cones, broken into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cup dark chocolate melting wafers, divided
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup caramel
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, melt 3/4 cup chocolate wafers according to package directions. Add waffle cone pieces and toss/stir to coat.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out coated waffle pieces in a single layer. and place in freezer for a few minutes.
- Melt the other 3/4 cup chocolate wafers and repeat the same process. Let the pieces set in the freezer while you make the ice cream base.
- In a large bowl (preferably chilled in the freezer for at least 15 minutes), using the whisk attachment of an electric mixer, whip the heavy cream. Starting on a low speed then slowly increase to high speed, whip until the cream forms stiff peaks.
- Using a spatula, fold in condensed milk and stir until well combined.
- Fold in caramel and sea salt.
- Add chocolate covered waffle cone pieces and stir to combine.
- Pour into a freezer-safe container.
- Cover with an airtight lid and place in freezer for at least 8 hours, preferably overnight.
- Scoop, serve, and enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
Keywords: americone dream, ben and jerry's dupe