This raw chocolate grapefruit tart is gluten-free, dairy-free, citrus-infused decadent chocolate tart with a hearty nut crust!
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1 tablespoon raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked in water (at least 4 hours)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup raw cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup raw honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 cup grapefruit juice, freshly squeezed
- Fresh grapefruit pieces and almond slices, for garnish
- Prep for filling, to be done the night before: Soak cashews in a bowl of water overnight (or at least 4 hours).
- Spray a tart pan (with a removable bottom) with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients and blend until well-combined and sticky.
- Press mixture into prepared tart pan, pressing it up against the sides and fully covering the bottom.
- In a food processor, blend cashews until mostly smooth and creamy.
- Add vanilla, cocoa powder, honey (or sweetener of choice) and grapefruit juice. Blend until smooth and pourable.
- Pour into prepared crust and use a spatula to smooth out the top, if needed. Place in fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Top with almond and grapefruit slices just before serving. Slice and enjoy!
Easily made vegan by swapping honey for maple syrup or agave!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
Keywords: grapefruit tart, chocolate grapefruit tart, raw chocolate tart