Rich, decadent brownies that are no-bake, no refined sugar, gluten free and vegan!
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- 2 1/2 cups pitted dates, loosely packed
- 6 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup, or agave)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chopped cherries
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a food processor, pulse walnuts until chopped very small.
- Add dates, cacao, coconut oil, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon and process until smooth, scraping down as needed.
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper and press dough into pan. Make sure dough is evenly distributed.
- In a medium bowl, combine cacao, honey/maple syrup/agave, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Whisk until mixture is smooth.
- Pour over brownie dough and smooth with a spatula until evenly distributed.
- Refrigerate brownies for at least 2 hours to set.
- Cut into 9 or 16 bars. Keep refrigerated until serving, top with your favorite whipped cream and chopped cherries then enjoy!
To make Black Forest Sundaes (4 servings):
- Make a small batch of Mascarpone Whipped Cream (or your favorite whipped cream).
- Slice or chop 16 cherries (get rid of those pits!).
- Top each brownie with cherries and whipped cream. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: no bake date brownies, no bake brownies, date brownies, black forest sundaes