Cocoa Krispies and Andes mints make for a mint chocolately spin on your standard rice krispie treat – perfect for St. Patrick’s Day!
- 14 Andes mints, chopped (half a package)
- 3 cups Cocoa Krispies cereal
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Bailey’s irish cream (optional)
- 14 Andes mints, halved (half a package)
- Spray an 8×8 baking pan with nonstick spray. Line with parchment paper so that the ends hang over the edges of the pan, and give it another spray. Set aside.
- Unwrap and chop 14 Andes mints into small pieces. Set aside.
- Pour Cocoa Krispies into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and heat, stirring frequently, until melted and combined.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla extract and quickly stir to combine.
- Immediately pour melted marshmallow mixture into large bowl of Cocoa Krispies and stir until mostly combined.
- Add chopped Andes mints and stir again to combine.
- Turn out into prepared baking dish and press down into an even layer.
Tip: If you have another 8×8 pan, you can use the bottom of that pan to press into the top of your dish for an easy way to get it evenly distributed!
- Unwrap and half 14 Andes mints and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add chopped chocolate and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat heavy cream over low heat until bubbling and hot and then immediately pour over chocolate. Let sit for a couple minutes and then stir until completely smooth and combined. If necessary, heat more in the microwave in 15 second increments until smooth.
- Pour over the rice krispie treat base in an even layer, using a spatula to smooth it out. Place the Andes mint halves evenly across the top.
Tip: If you want the top to be completely covered, double the amount of mints.
- Place in the fridge to cool and set completely, an hour or so. Lift out of the pan using the edges of the parchment paper, then slice, serve and enjoy!
Making this for the adults? Add a teaspoon of Bailey’s to the chocolate ganache!
- Category: Dessert